Battery initial SOC

The forum for all questions and discussions about Polysun Simulation Software (Designer / Standard)
Antworten
matduge

Mi Mai 04, 2022 10:43 am

Hello. I'm using Polysun Designer to simulate a PV installation with a battery. In the battery parameters are 2 settings : "Initial SOC" and "Time of SOC initialization". I read the User Manual but I don't understand these settings, could someone explain it to me? Thank you in advance.

Michael Hönes

Do Mai 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Hi!

Thank you for your interesting question!

The state of charge is a value in Polysun that can be set between 0 and 1, for example 0.1, 0.2, etc. Very simply said, it indicates the battery capacity status – if it’s 1, the battery is fully charged and at 0, the battery is empty.

The time of the SOC initialization is easily explained like this:
If you set the SOC to 1 and the time of SOC is set to preliminary simulation, and you have set the preliminary simulation time (under variant- > preliminary simulation) to for example 7 days, then on day -7 before the yearly simulation starts, your SOC will be 1. On day 0 (January 1 00:00), it takes on a value between 0 and 1 depending on the simulation.

If you set the SOC to 1 and the time of SOC is set to day 0, and you have set the preliminary simulation time (under variant- > preliminary simulation) to for example 7 days, then on day -7 it will be 1. On day 0, the value will be overwritten to 1, no matter what it was on day -1 at 23:59.

I personally recommend always setting the SOC to preliminary simulation, unless you really want to define the starting SOC value on day 0 for some specific reason.

Please let us know when you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Michael Hönes

matduge

Fr Mai 06, 2022 8:34 am

Thank you very much for your answers, it's clear for me now !

Antworten
  • Information