Up until version 11.0, Polysun was a 32-bit application on Windows. This had some limitations (e.g. limited memory). Since version 11.1, you can only download the 64-bit version of Polysun from our website. From now on, we only unofficially support the 32-bit version. It can only be downloaded as an update of an older 32-bit Polysun installation.
Generally, we recommend a clean installation of Polysun 11.1. However, if you would like to migrate your existing 32-bit installation to the new 64-bit version without using your user data (e.g. catalogue entries), you can follow the below procedure:
- Update your existing Polysun installation to the latest version.
- Open the file 'system.ini' in the installation directory [e.g. C:/Program Files (x86)/Polysun] of your updated 32-bit installation and note down the entry 'Path.Data.Folder='. This is your data directory.
- Make a copy of your data directory.
- Download the latest 64-bit installer of Polysun from our download page and install it.
- Open the 'system.ini' file in the installation directory of the 64-bit version and note the entry for 'Path.Data.Folder='.
- Replace the data directory of the 64-bit installation with the previously copied data directory.
- The 64-bit installation should now use the data directory of the updated 32-bit installation. You can uninstall the 32-bit version.