Template 44C problem

The forum for students and lecturers for questions and discussions about Polysun for academic use
Antworten
nefelip

Fr Nov 17, 2017 3:49 pm

In the template 44c whatever change i make in the system the demand is not met. I have tried increasing the power of the District Heating, Increase Solar Thermal surface, Increase tank size, Increase pump size and heat exchanger size. In all cases i get back the same graphs for energy to the system and energy from convector. What other Change could i make to meet the demand?Would changing the pipe size help? Also sometimes even increasing solar thermal can make it worse and i get further away from the demand. Could you explain to me why does this happen?

Lars Kunath

Di Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Dear Nefeli,

Unfortunately I cannot crosscheck since I don’t have your hourly load profile.

Anyway I think I know what the problem is (we discussed it already in the class room). Actually the warning energy demand is not met is not right. You need to check under component results (under building) if the value of “building energy demand” has a similar value as the “energy from/to convector” if so (I think a difference up to 10% is okay) there is no energy demand. If there is still an energy deficit (difference larger 10%) you need to check if you have always enough energy in the storage tank (check the temperatures over the year)
a) Yes -> check the controller settings for the heating loop controller and use a temperature shift of 0.5 to 1
b) No -> your heat generators do not bring enough energy to the system

I hope this helps you.

BR Lars

Antworten
  • Information