44a Potable water tank to new Storage tank Thema ist als GELÖST markiert

The forum for students and lecturers for questions and discussions about Polysun for academic use
Antworten
PierreE

Mi Apr 12, 2017 10:37 am

My question is why do the Energy losses from infiltration rise (highest rise seen in april), when I'm trying to change the Potable water tank in system 44a to my own created Storage tank with the same configured Controller inputs/outputs?

Attached a project file with a system diagram before and after the change of tank.
44a Potable water tank - Energy losses from infiltration.png
44a Potable water tank - Energy losses from infiltration.png (116.04 KiB) 78869 mal betrachtet
44a Storage tank - Energy losses from infiltration.png
44a Storage tank - Energy losses from infiltration.png (91.81 KiB) 78869 mal betrachtet
44a Potable water tank to new Storage tank pse.zip
(169.33 KiB) 1129-mal heruntergeladen
Thank you

Pierre

Artem

Do Apr 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Dear Pierre

Thank you for your question.

The answer for your question is that in the second system (when you changed the storage tank) you overheat the building a little. For instance, in April the average temperature in the building 1.1 degree higher in the second system than in the reference one. Therefore, for the second system the temperature difference between interior zone and ambient becomes larger. Since this temperature difference plays and important role (namely higher temperature difference between interior and ambient -> higher infiltration losses), infiltration losses are higher for the second system.

I hope it helps you.

Best regards
Artem

PierreE

Mi Apr 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Artem hat geschrieben:
Do Apr 13, 2017 3:59 pm
Dear Pierre

Thank you for your question.

The answer for your question is that in the second system (when you changed the storage tank) you overheat the building a little. For instance, in April the average temperature in the building 1.1 degree higher in the second system than in the reference one. Therefore, for the second system the temperature difference between interior zone and ambient becomes larger. Since this temperature difference plays and important role (namely higher temperature difference between interior and ambient -> higher infiltration losses), infiltration losses are higher for the second system.

I hope it helps you.

Best regards
Artem
Thanks for the find Artem!

So the new tank is overheating the house? If so. Is there any way to configure the new tank to not overheat the house?

Thanks you,

Pierre

Antworten
  • Information